Wednesday 17 February 2010

What impacts you

We have been in India for 6 days now and I've written 30 pages of journal, but this is my first time on the blog. Of those 30 pages only half a page is about out visit to the Taj Mahal, because the things in the slum are much more interesting and impacting on me.
I find it is really good to be in the slum and doing some work here, I enjoy meeting the people that live here and hearing about their lives. Some of the people have such difficult backgrounds and go through lots of hard stuff. But they all look happy and are smiling a lot. Their faith in God is so strong.

Just this morning we had a prayer meeting and we heard some of the things God has done in Tigri. After hearing the testimonies we prayed for some of the people. Some of them are ill, and others have family members who are alcoholics. We prayed for those situation, and we are waiting for God to make the change in their lives.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! It's great to read the blogs, all together they are a mix of all the different impressions. Lots of humor and lots of serious stories. I am glad that you can go through this together, so you can talk about it and share all emotions. I love the blogs Julie writes, and all the adventures of the ape! Angelique, maybe they should let you take care of the ape at night, you've slept with one for most of your life. :-)) However that one was a bit smaller.... Lots and lots of love, mam en pap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Angelique! I am glad that this blog has been set up, and I thankful that you are able to go serve so far away! I look forward to reading more! And write lots in your journal! I wrote in my Africa journal, and even then, I feel like I didn't write enough! It is so nice too look back on it though. I'm praying for the people. :)

    Janae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mum, Harry slept in my room last night, not the same as aapje though :)

    thanks for your comment Janae, I'm really glad I did the journal, we're experiencing so much here it's easy to forget about some of the things.

    ReplyDelete