Monday 22 February 2010

Kulfi and spaghetti


We decided to go to the LMB restaurant in Johari Bazaar to try to find some real Kulfi. It's renowned as their speciality. Its also one of mine but I've never found the real thing and I wanted to compare.

So we tried some. The taste is the same. Theirs is smoother - mine is nuttier. But theirs is covered in spaghetti!!!!! Its really weird but sort of works ok. So what I really need is some proper moulds to make it in.

We decided to walk back to the copper chimney restaurant through the old city. The shopping was brilliant. Several saris, kutas, bangles, table cloths and wall hangings later we finally found them.

We now have 6 kulfi moulds. I hope they work otherwise I've wasted 60 rupees.

PS It's raining heavily in Jaipur. But I don't think it will fill the lake at Amber.

Ian aka Attila the Bunny

1 comment: