Saturday 20 February 2010

The final blog of Harry the monkey.


The final blog of Harry the monkey.

Hey I've got a really useful job now,
I've been invited to stay on and help at ASHA.
But this is going to keep me very busy with little time left for blogging
and what with the dodgy internet connection and all and .... well, you know.

It's kinda sad to see the team leave, I think Pauline had a little tear in her eye, or was it the dust ?
But they've gone now, some back to the UK and the rest to Jaipur in the south for some R&R.
Although with Stuart, Roger and Crocky in tow I'm not sure it will be totally relaxing at all !!
I won't miss that scaly pest; Crocky I mean, not Roger.
The last I saw of Crocky he was still causing mayhem from the minibus window with the kids.

The team got a good send off, with garlands (I even got one), talks, singing and dancing.
I joined in with singing "Doe a deer" and did a bit of dancing too. I think Freddy got it on the camera.
Perhaps I'll be in the newsletter, or maybe not, who knows ? But make sure you get one to check.
Freddy was saying I may have a place helping to reinforce the message in talks on health and education.
A very important job for this humble old monkey.

The center looks very bright and cheery with all the painting and characters on the wall.
Team did a good job there and also just being with people and sharing, which is something I'll continue to do here.

So a fond farewell from your very own big ape, Harry.
It's been a privilege to be with this team and to be your correspondant for a while.

I'll be OK, come and see me some time if you can.
Love Harry xxx

1 comment:

  1. Dear Harry,
    All over Europe you will be mist.... well, at least in our little corner of the Netherlands. But keep up the good work! Great that you will stay and help there. It is a miracle that even stuffed animals can gif through the blessing of God. :-))
    Constance, Angelique's mom

    ReplyDelete