Tuesday 23 February 2010

Now we are 4 !

By Lorraine (last will and testament)

Typing on pearl while being driven in an AC taxi (Purves and Allens) to Jungle Jim's, tool two hours to get out of Dehli ! Cars are definitely lower in the Indian drivers pecking order and the coach and minibus we have previously travelled in !
Lots more sharp braking and slalom driving in which I've wondered on several occasions if we would actually fit through the gap ! Lot of pot holes, cows, horse drawn carts, buses, tractors, people etc to manoeuvre around. Which leads me to speculate how one passes a driving test here .... even, is there one ?

Eight hours later we are at Jungle Jim's. Pauline is highly excited and I am quite frankly terrified.
It emerges that we are going on a safari tomorrow (5:30 am til 6pm) any one who loves me ... please pray ... lots. (I don't want to be remembered as cat food :-) )

2 comments:

  1. Lorraine, I am howling with laughter!!!! However, I love you, so I will prayxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey honey! I'm sure the big cats are all vegetarians there Lorraine & will refrain from taking a bite of you! Have fun & hide behind the juicier Stu & Rog if anything looks hungry! Have fun & make sure you have photo's to show the children! (& ME!)love & blessings Coralie xx

    ReplyDelete