Thursday 18 February 2010

Harry and the monkey business

I dunno what's a big hairy ape if not a part of this team, but today said team minces off and met Dr Kiaran Martin without yours truely Harry !
I mean it's not like I'm like crocky wock, I'm well behaved and even a bit shy.
They tell me she's an admirable lady and quite busy I expect, but probably she's been frightened off by Crocky.

He's no better you know, although he'd launched a "jaws" style attack on Daisy yesterday in the bus it was actually foiled by Daisy not recognising the theme tune at all ! So she lives on.

The hogbens were locked IN their room this morning and had to text for help,
Stuart thought he was last out and locked the door, not realising (he claims) they were still in.
Half way through breakfast the text for rescue arrived, to much mirth at the table.
We've had to take room security more seriously since the "Rogergate break ins" of late.
Some have suggested that he's been spotted wandering the corridors late at night searching the elusive signal for "redAlert" connectivity :-)

Painting finished WHOOP! this includes the glow in the dark outlinings that Stuart was super keen to provided. Was working either in the room where the staff were trying to cook/brew tea or in the (really) small classroom (counted about 19 kids) so basically in the way most of the time. I'm so blessed that people were willing to work around me, or over me, or alongside me etc, etc. Won't see the glow in the dark actually work ... it's daylight when I was painting it ... doh! But I'm sure it will be OK. Given that the electricity can be a little shy at time I'm sure it will get a chance to appear in the dark.
Al Tiude (The giraffe) was completed, he's the height measurement on the wall. One small hiccup, the graduations were done up in metric ... then found Imperial were required.
A quick consulation with Dr Hogben (reasonable rates - but haggle) and a recovery plan hatched. It involves bamboo ladders and ants ... but best you see the pictures.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! so funny! Stu fancy imprisoning the dogbones! How did they not know??? Someone does, however, need to lock up the alien at night! Though perhaps Lorraine prefers it this way?? hehe! Hope Harry gets over his hump & enjoys tonight & tomorrow- who is he sleeping with tonight?? Blessings on you all, keep the blogs coming! Love & blessings Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi all, Loving your blogs. Pauline / Stuart - pussy cats doing fine. eating their food as they should but i think they are playing "hard to get". They come in to the kitchen at meal times but as soon as we put the food down they walk out!!! What quarter tablet were we supposed to give them? I thought it was a chondroitin or something but only vitamin tablets left on the side. Are these the ones we should be using? love Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. wOT NO BLOGS??? I've not had my fix? Can not even Rog find the signal to get on? Enjoy the celebrations- hope all goes well Love Coralie

    ReplyDelete